Ever wondered what life would be without the Internet?
Smart TVs are built with the Internet at the core – with more viewing choices, more flexible viewing times, live streaming and advanced software platforms and apps to help you do more.
With integrated web 2.0 features, this convergence of a smart phone and a television has made our lives easier.
With movies, videos, music, news and other audio-visual stuff readily available on a bigger screen now, this holiday season Smart TVs are selling like hot cakes!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best 32 Inch Smart TV (2017)
- 2 Best 40 Inch Smart TV (2017)
- 3 Best 42 Inch Smart TV (2017)
- 4 Best 50 Inch Smart TV (2017)
Smart TVs have a built-in operating system which provides user integrated content stored on a hard disk or on cloud. This can then be viewed by using interactive services and applications such as YouTube.
There are various brands that now manufacture smart TVs worldwide. These include some well known brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, TCL, Bush, Hitachi, Philips, Panasonic, Toshiba etc. and some new ones like Hisense, Vizio, Finlux etc.
At TopUpTV.co.uk, we have reviewed top rated televisions and provided our feedback on them. We hope you will find our reviews useful in choosing the most appropriate smart TV for your home or business.
Best 32 Inch Smart TV (2017)
Probably the most widely used size is 32 inches and this is not just in the UK but throughout the world. 32 inch TV sales skyrocketed because it is the most accepted size for a small to medium size bedroom.
For daily TV viewers, this is a great choice as it easy to wall mount and also easy on your pocket.
Panasonic TX-32DS500B 32-Inch 720p HD Ready Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
Retaining its position from our last review this is one of the best sellers from Samsung in the huge variety of their 32 inch smart TVs. With Quadcore processor for faster processing of image and its smart features, there is hardly any input lag and motion blur, making this as an excellent choice for gamers. The brief on TV feature makes sure you have all the important information on the screen as soon as you start your day. Below are its highlighting features:
- Super fast performance for all your TV and internet needs
- Full HD with 300 PQI which offers excellent picture quality always
- Color enhancer plus for making sure that the colours look brilliant
- Comes with freeview HD which offers about 60 channels free in the UK
- Brief on TV brings information like weather and daily schedule on screen.
Sony KDL-32W705C Smart Full HD 1080p 32 Inch TV (2015 Model) [Energy Class A]
Sony, as we all know, is one of the top brands when it comes to TVs. No one can forget the Bravia series which is still running and is a super selling series all over the world.
Continuing the tradition, Sony has this amazing smart TV that comes with an energy class A, which helps save energy while the TV is in use. Other features include:
- X Reality Pro for top class picture quality
- The ability to watch whatever you want and whenever you want
- Elegant slim design that looks great on your wall or just fits the shelf with a stunning looking stand for your living room or bedroom
- Motionflow XR 200 Hz which is used to reduce blur and judder so that you always get smoother images
- One Flick Entertainment for user friendly control of your TV with an intuitive interface
Hisense 32 inch HD Ready LED TV – Black [Energy Class A+]
The Hisense 32 inch Widescreen Smart LED TV is a great Smart LED TV choice for any room including the bedroom, living room, kitchen, or office. It has great picture quality, and it comes with Freeview HD built-in so that you can get tons of free channels and radio stations. It also has integrated Wi-Fi, so it is easy to have your Smart features working.
• HD Ready
• Smart TV allows you to stream instantly from Netflix, YouTube, and BBC iPlayer which will be available via OTA update no later than October 2016
• Includes Freeview HD so that you can get preferable TV channels in high definition
• Included USB media player
•PVR allows you to record your shows straight onto a memory stick
Best 40 Inch Smart TV (2017)
For a little bigger living room or bedroom, people are going after a 40 inch television instead of a 32 inch one. The trend has been moving towards purchasing 40 inches or higher smart televisions particularly in the last couple of years.
Based on the most trending TVs in the market, we have reviewed the best three 40 inch smart TVs which are available on Amazon.co.uk.
Sony KDL-40R453C Full HD 40 Inch TV (2015 Model) [Energy Class A+]
Sony has always been amongst the top 3 brands of any kind of television all over the world. With the 40 inch smart TVs, Sony is on the top when it comes to selling in the UK market.
Below are some of the key features that makes their TV our best choice:
- Clear Resolution Enhancer for superb clarity of the picture with reduced image noise
- Slim Design to suit every room or area where the TV is placed, be it wall mounted or placed on a shelf
- HDD recording for your favourite TV shows anytime
- Motionflow XR 100Hz: Reduced blur and judder
Sony Bravia KDL-40RD453
This TV is popular because it has a lot of high-tech gadgets working for it. The Sony features an X-Reality Pro setting for improved and stunning picture quality. It has a slim and seamless design and comes fully equipped with HDD Record, which allows you to watch your favorite programs and TV series simply by connecting a USB drive. It’s clean and concise; cables are easily tucked away and hidden behind the TV creating an easily manageable solution to a jumbled mess of wires and runs on very little energy, consuming 70 kilowatts per year when operating at 4 hours per day, 365 days per year. It’s one of the lighter TVs on the market with a product weight of 11kg. Package contains a remote control, 2 x AAA Batteries, TV stand and fixing screws.
- The screen has a narrow frame, accented with minimal bezels allowing you to focus on more of the screen
- Adjustable factory settings for an incredibly clear and sharp picture quality
- Incredible, cinematic sound quality
- Easily mounted to the wall
Hisense 40inch TV
This Smart TV allows you to instantly stream from BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube and more. It is equipped with Freeview HD, which allows you to view tons of extra channels and also comes with PVR which allows you to record programs with a USB. It operates with an energy consumption of 69 kilowatts per year when used at a rate of 4 hours per day, 365 days per year), making it a Class A energy consumption device and great if you’re looking to save money on your bills.
- A Hisense Smart TV is equipped with Wi-Fi, internet browser and built-in apps to connect you to the world or even to escape from it
- LED backlighting and deliver breakthrough picture quality in an energy-efficient design
- Great, clear picture
- High-quality product for the value
Best 42 Inch Smart TV (2017)
Some people prefer 42 inches versus the 40 inch. There is not much difference between the size however the average price of a 40 inch TV is lesser than an average 42 inch one.
There are some 43 inch TVs too that we have reviewed:
JVC LT-42C550 42 Inch LED TV[/one_fourth_last]
- DTS TruSurround HD Technology
- 1920 x 1080 Screen Resolution
- 3 HDMI Inputs
- Built In Freeview
- Easy and Quick Setup
- Great Value for Price
- Slim Design
- Average Sound Quality
- Some Switch Off Without Prompt
- Average Picture Quality
This 42in TV is a high definition model that offers a really crisp and clear picture. Even though it’s not 4K, many people are pleased with the picture quality that it offers. It also has built in Freeview, so without a cable service you can get 12 HD channels, 60 standard definition channels, and 25 radio stations. There is no subscription fee required. It also has three HDMI ports, so you can connect all of your favourite devices at once.
Hisense 43in Widescreen 4K 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD
[/one_fourth_last] Pros Cons
This TV is best known for its picture quality, because it has one of the best video technologies currently available–4 K Ultra HD. It has four times the number of pixels on the screen as your average TV. It’s also a smart TV, so you can connect to your Wi-Fi, download apps, and use built in streaming services, like Netflix and Hulu. If you don’t want to use a cable service, then this TV also has built in Freeview, which doesn’t’ require a subscription.
LG 43LH590V 43in Full HD Smart TV Wi-Fi LED TV
[/one_fourth_last] Pros Cons
Best 50 Inch Smart TV (2017)
50 inch TVs are for those who have big living rooms or bedrooms. These TVs also find their place in various commercial places such as airports, showrooms, restaurants etc.
With the latest technology, the 50 inch televisions are now most popular in the UK market and most of the people prefer these over the 40 or 42 inch ones.
Although, these are a little higher in price but with the picture quality, they are worth every single penny.
We reviewed the top three 50 inch smart TV models in UK and below are our recommendations:
PANASONIC VIERA TX-50DX750B Smart 3D 4k Ultra HD HDR 50″ LED TV
The Panasonic Viera is the first on our list of best 50 inch Tv choices because of its uniquely designed freestyle stand that allows viewers to no longer need a bulky entertainment stand and boasts four times the picture resolution of previous HD television sets. With built-in WiFi, a Mozilla Firefox operating system, and a “catch up” feature that allows you to scroll through the channels you have watched within the previous seven days, this truly is a Smart TV of the 21st century.
- Voice assistance and guidance
- Home screen
- Panasonic remote TV apps
SONY BRAVIA KD49XD8077SU Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR 49″ LED TV
With an Android TV platform, sleep timer, parental controls, and a Dolby Digital Plus Sound System, the Sony Bravia is an excellent choice for busy families who would like the convenience of operating their TV directly from their Android phone while also being able to stream live channels from the best 50 inch TV straight to any Android device. The Bravia also comes with a sleek stand that hides cables to keep your room looking organized and orderly.
- LED edgelit screen technology
- 4K X-Reality PRO picture enhancement
- Noise reduction capabilities
Bundles Well With:
- Sandstrom Silver Series HDMI cables
- Sony Wireless Sub-Woofer BRAVIA Speakers
PHILIPS 49PUS6501 Smart 4k Ultra HD HDR 49″ LED TV
The Philips Ultra achieved its place as number 2 on our list in part due to its Ambilight 2 technology – meaning the television radiates a broad glow from each side onto its neighbouring walls that enhances color, definition, and contrast for a distinct viewing experience. With a full Opera internet browser, BBC iPlayer, BBC News, BBC Sports, and the Philips App Gallery are all accessible with the touch of a button.
- High-grade audio with DTS Premium Sound
- Smart content includes apps from Google Play and catch-up TV
- Ultra HD engine and quad-core processor
- Wide-view Ultra HD screen
Bundles Well With:
- Hi-SHOCK® universal passiv 3D-Glasses
- Tops S905 Quad Core MXG Pro 4K Smart TV BOX Mini PC Streaming Media Player
- Philips Respironics System One 50 or 60 Series Ultra Fine Filters