Buying a new electronic device is an exciting purchase, especially when it comes to buying the best 40inch TV out there. Your TV is more than just a form of entertainment. It is a way of bringing people together for the big game, it is a way to create memories, to watch history unfold in politics, sports and in earth’s rarest and most off-the-beaten-path places. It’s a way of connecting with the world and, at the same time, taking a break from it.
Table of Contents
5 Top 40″ TVs available in the Market
We understand your desire to find the perfect TV and we want to help you do just that. Here are our top 5 recommendations for the best 40inch TV of 2017.
Panasonic, free delivery in the UK
This TV uses half of the power than its previous model. This updated version of the Panasonic 40 inch flat screen TV has an energy consumption of 59 kilowatts per year when operating at 4 hours per day, 365 days per year, making it the absolute lowest consumption of energy among HD TVs. It’s sleek, attractive, high-functioning and utilizes all of the latest technological trends and advancements like Freetime with Roll Back TV including BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD, Demand 5. This TV is also financeable allowing you to make monthly payments.
- Easily share and transfer all of your smartphone content from your device to your screen with the simple touch of a button
- Sit back, relax and enjoy extremely vivid colours and the absolute highest resolution in pictures
- Easy to use WIFI and connectivity to link your life to your screen and vice versa
This TV is popular because it has a lot of high-tech gadgets working for it. The Sony features an X-Reality Pro setting for improved and stunning picture quality. It has a slim and seamless design and comes fully equipped with HDD Record, which allows you to watch your favourite programs and TV series simply by connecting a USB drive. It’s clean and concise; cables are easily tucked away and hidden behind the TV creating an easily manageable solution to a jumbled mess of wires and runs on very little energy, consuming 70 kilowatts per year when operating at 4 hours per day, 365 days per year. It’s one of the lighter TVs on the market with a product weight of 11kg. Package contains a remote control, 2 x AAA Batteries, TV stand and fixing screws.
- The screen has a narrow frame, accented with minimal bezels allowing you to focus on more of the screen
- Adjustable factory settings for an incredibly clear and sharp picture quality
- Incredible, cinematic sound quality
- Easily mounted to the wall
Hisense, free UK delivery
This Smart TV allows you to instantly stream from BBC iPlayer, Netflix, YouTube and more. It is equipped with Freeview HD, which allows you to view tons of extra channels and also comes with PVR which allows you to record programs with a USB. It operates with an energy consumption of 69 kilowatts per year when used at a rate of 4 hours per day, 365 days per year), making it a Class A energy consumption device and great if you’re looking to save money on your bills.
- A Hisense Smart TV is equipped with Wi-Fi, internet browser and built-in apps to connect you to the world or even to escape from it
- LED backlighting and deliver breakthrough picture quality in an energy-efficient design
- Great, clear picture
- High-quality product for the value
Sharp, free delivery in the UK
The Sharp comes with a built-in Freeview HD tuner which allows you to watch over 60 channels, 12 of which are in HD and listen to up to 25 radio stations. It is equipped with 3 HDMI ports and has USB media player options. There is a PVR function, enabling you to pause, rewind, and record live TV while viewing it all in 1080p definition. This TV is super ideal for gaming and connecting to a Blu-ray player, providing excellent picture clarity. It’s also energy efficient, operating on 66 kilowatts per year (4 hours per day, 365 days per year), making it energy class A. This is the lightest 40 in TV out there, weighing only 7kg.
- Comes with a 12-month warranty, giving you peace of mind and constant on-call help
- Easy setup and product assembly
- Simple, yet effective, mounting device with sturdy leg stands made of metal that allows you to safely place it anywhere
- in your home or hang it on the wall
- Picture is clear, sound is good quality and remote is easy to operate
The Blaupunkt 40 is a newer model (available for purchase as of January 2016) of a slim designed HD TV. It utilizes the latest energy efficient technologies and operates at with an energy consumption rate of 70 kilowatts per year (4 hours per day, 365 days per year). When it comes to quality, this TV has it. The stand doesn’t swivel but it is very light and easy to move around and it is sleek and shiny, making it a sharp addition to any room in your house.
- Allows you to record programs from the TV onto a memory stick or USB drive.
What makes these the best TV?
- Easy setup and assembly
- Power saving mode and a built-in sleep timer (which can be set for anywhere between 15 minutes to 3 hours)
- Energy saving functions that keep your consumers bill lower
The best TVs will be well-built, affordable, attractive and high-functioning, featuring all of the best and latest high-tech gadgets and hookups.
Based on the above analysis, we have found the Panasonic TX-32DS500B (number 1 on the top 5 list) is the one which meets, and even exceeds, all our expectations. For this reason, we have selected the Panasonic as the best TV under £1,000 and the one that continually delivers great quality pictures, incredible sound and continually elicits positive customer feedback.